Hello everyone. Please advise with this problem. I want to wake up my laptop at home through TeamViewer, it has such a function. I configured it in the BIOS and in the OS (windows 10) at home in the inside of the network, the awakening works, but from the outside it does not work. What could be the problem? UDP port 9 is open on the router.
From the instructions for Teamviewer:
5.3 Wake-on-LAN via public address
If you want to wake up a computer using its public address, your computer must be identified on the Internet at all times. To do this, you either need to have a permanent IP address from an ISP, or your computer must be accessible, for example, using a dynamic DNS provider (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_DNS ). If one of the conditions is met, you can activate Wake-On-LAN via a public address in the TeamViewer options.
To activate TeamViewer Wake-On-LAN via a public address, follow these steps:
- Launch TeamViewer on your computer.
- From the main menu, select More | Options. -> The TeamViewer Options dialog opens.
- Select the General section.
- Under Network settings|Wake-on-LAN feature, click the Configuration… button.
- The Wake-on-LAN feature dialog box opens. Click the public address radio button.
- In the Address field, enter the fixed IP address or DNS name of the computer.
- In the Port field, enter the UDP port that will be used to access the computer (see Section 7.1, page 14).
- Click OK.
- The computer can now be awakened via its public address using TeamViewer.
Tell me what did you make of it? Or do you have some other connection scheme?